Saturday, April 7, 2012

Busy Day: Part 4–Uncle Matt’s b-day

April 7th is on the “timeline” of my life – my little brother was born!  Really this is one of the first “memories” I have.  I remember sleeping with my dad and that there was a tornado that night.  When I got to go see him and mom on April 7th – she had a bunny finger puppet for me.  I will say, this was one of the best blessings my folks could have given me.  My brother has been one of my biggest, strongest supporters EVER.  I know no matter what – we will always be there for each other.

Babe made Matt homemade ice-cream for one of his presents!  Con got an early tasting.

Easter 2012 059

It wouldn’t be Matt’s birthday without a good rain shower.  You have no idea how many b-day party’s my mom planned only to end up in our garage!  As a mom now, I can only imagine hear heartache.  But, us kids – we always had a good time.

Easter 2012 062

Another tradition that lingers on…Pops’ fish fry!  Words can’t tell you how thankful I am to have this tradition continue.

Easter 2012 064photo(5)Easter 2012 068

Bo even got to “help” with the cooking.  I hope he took good notes Smile

Easter 2012 069

Wow – cornmeal floating in grease…looks so yummy!

Easter 2012 071

Con loved the attention from her entire family.  Love that the bunny shirt from last year still fits!

Easter 2012 073

Not much I can say about the pics below…but Dear God – that’s a lot of yumminess!

photo(3)photo(1)

We lost some kids for a while.

Easter 2012 076

Only to find all 3 of them playing farm!

Easter 2012 077

Babe also made Matt a Coke cake, but insisted on a real b-day cake to go with it.  My kids were jazzed!

Easter 2012 079Easter 2012 080Easter 2012 081Easter 2012 083Easter 2012 084

After all of the hoopla died down…we put out our Easter Bunny stuff.  Bo asked when E.B. became as big as Santa.  I just replied – they love it and so do I!

Easter 2012 085

Carrots, ranch and chocolates…of course that’s what EB wants Smile

Easter 2012 087

Sssshhh…that’s also what EB “ate” when he filled their baskets!

Easter 2012 090

Can’t wait to see their faces in the morning!

No comments: