Thursday, November 13, 2008

Conlee Liles Garmon - 5.12 oz. 18"

Looks like no matter how hard I try, I can't plan everything. Conlee came early! Tuesday was Veteran's Day so Bo was home from work with me. Of course, we spent the day checking things off of my "list" (a little work in the yard, cleaning, etc.). I started feeling "something" at noon -so I took a shower - just in case. We rented a movie and I tried to lay down. Around 3:30 - I finally listened to Bo and called the doctor. We picked Crawford up from school and I started writing down the contractions - they were 3 minutes apart. Of course, they told me to come in immediately.
So - Bo and I called in the troops (Courtney, Sue-Sue, Matt and Trevor) and we headed to Rogers in 5:00 traffic. I was admitted and was already at a 4 1/2 with 2 minute apart contractions. They rushed to start an i.v. and to try and get me an epidural before the baby came. Well - she didn't like that plan. After walking several laps, the contractions got further apart! At 9:00 I got an epidural; at 9:30 they broke my water; at midnight they started pitocin; and finally at 2:20 it was time to push. One push and she was here at 2:26 a.m. So, while it was a long night, Sue-Sue and J-J hung in there and Babe had time to get here from Twist. She was a little bitty thing, but she was perfect.
We got to come home on Thursday afternoon. Crawford was so excited. We are all so happy to be home together. Below are a "few" of the photos (out of the over 100 I took). Enjoy - I know I have!
Daddy lounging on his "bed."
Her first photo shoot. We couldn't believe how small she was. Dr. Pickhardt had guessed high 7's - but she was only 5.12 oz.





Right after delivery. Bo was so calm and such a help!


Babe and Matt brought Crawford to visit Wednesday morning. I was so tired (had gone to bed at 6:30 and got up at 7:05) but was so excited to see Crawford. My little guy suddenly seemed so grown up and so big!
Meeting Conlee for the first time.


Our first family photo op!
Crawford was so proud of his shirt.
Leaving the hospital.
Her beautiful eyes.
Her coming home outfit was a little big. Thank goodness it was a gown!
Notice the infant head support (the gray thing) - that will tell you how small she is
Bo was on his game and the stork was in the yard when we got home. The kids in the neighborhood love it!




Is this the start of regression?

Daddy with his kiddos.




1 comment:

Kyle and Amanda said...

What great pictures and such a beautiful family!!