Saturday, November 29, 2008

A few of my favorite things!

I am a HUGE brand person. Lovemarks was written about me - I am brand loyal. This morning, I was telling Amanda about my new favorite product - which gave me the idea to share with you my top 3 favorite things from this week:
1. Desitin Clear (and the Johnson & Johnson 1-800 line): We had our first "fight" between Crawford and Conlee, and as you can imagine - Crawford won. Conlee was left with a huge scrape on her head that bled (for a long time). In Crawford's defense -the "attack" was spurred by his best friend playing with Conlee. Can we say he is a little jealous? Anyway, I wanted to put Neosporin on it - but I didn't know if you could use it on newborns.
There was a 1-800 number so I called it (not with the greatest of expectations). The guy on the line was so polite and so nice. He said that J&J recos you consult with a doctor before using Neosporin on anyone under the age of 2. But, he did give me an alternate product - Desitin Clear. Of course - I sent Bo to Walgreen's at 9:00 at night to pick some up. It is a MIRACLE product. You can use it on chapped cheeks, diaper rash and minor scrapes and burns. As you can see from the pic of Conlee - the evidence of the attack is almost gone (no scaring - thank GOD)!
2. Crayola Bath Tub Markers (o.k. - anything Crayola): Crawford has always loved bath time - but thanks to a recent "impulse" purchase - he now almost begs to take a bath. We tell him it's time for bath - and he screams "bubbles and colors" and races to his bathroom. I picked up the Crayola bath markers - and he loves them. I only wish I could have gotten a good picture of the inside of the tub. My little Picasso at work.

I don't know how my mom survived us as toddlers without the Crayola line of "washable" crayons and markers. The markers that only mark on the special coloring books are amazing - and crayons that wipe off of tables and walls are priceless (and have kept Crawford from spending the majority of his time in time-out). I am a complete believer that I will be able to nurse Conlee for a while - thanks to Crayola keeping my little guy busy.


3. Hand print Christmas ornaments: Two of my most treasured objects are the hand print ornaments from Crawford and Conlee's first Christmases (Crawford on the left; Conlee on the right). Whoever came up with this is a genius. And to think - I saw at least 6 versions of the same ornament with a WIDE variety in price range. I went for the $14 version for Conlee and it worked great. It took us two attempts for me to get her little hand to open flat - but the kit made it easy to "fix" our mess up! I can't wait to look at these 20 years from now.


2 comments:

Amanda Whittaker said...

So sweet and all GREAT advice! Where did you get the handprint ornament kit?? I'd love to find it. Hope all is well with the kiddos!

Bo, Meredith, Crawford and Conlee said...

I bought the ornament kit form One Step Ahead!