Officially Conlee has been to school for 1 1/2days over the past 2 weeks!!!! Her second day there, the door had a note that a baby in her room had been diagnosed with RSV. I won't even get into just how freaked out I was. So, I made Bo go get her and take her to Sue's.
We made it through last week with our fingers crossed, but on Saturday when my mom called and said she wasn't eating well - I had that gross feeling in my stomach. Sure enough, by Sunday she was congested and Monday we were at the doctor. Good news - no RSV, no ear infection - just a common bug. So, thanks for the $25 co-pay, "There's nothing we can do for her."
Flash forward to Wednesday, she was still cranky (if you call CONSTANT screaming and not eating) so back to the Pediatric Clinic went. By now she had a double ear infection - so we are now on an antibiotic.
She slept great last night and was in a good mood this morning - so I took her to daycare. But at 11:00 they called me - she'd been screaming in pain and wasn't eating. I brought her home and WOW what a day. Bless her heart - she just doesn't feel good. She did sleep in the swing for 10 minutes - but then woke up and wanted to be held (very unusual). She then slept for 3 1/2 hours in my arms (if I moved she'd wake up). My left arm is now permanently asleep.
Here's hoping she gets well quick and that her immunity builds up fast. I mean really - a day and a half at daycare and already sick. So much for the myth that breastfeeding babies don't get sick!!!!
A "moment" of peace.
Note: the not so cute outfit is her "second spare" from daycare. I forgot to mention the antibiotic doesn't sit well - so that's added fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment