Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th and…a trip to the hospital

I should have known when Crawford asked to go to bed the night before (yes even while doing fireworks) that something was wrong.  When he was still asleep at 9:45 this morning I really should have known.  Then we he didn’t even want to get up to go to a birthday party at Boingo Bounce – it was confirmed – Crawford had a low grade fever.

So the morning of the 4th – Crawford spent it here…

001

Con and I hung out back and played some golf.  Look out Tiger!

003004

This is going to sound way worse than it seemed to at the time.  But, the 4th of July is my second favorite holiday after Christmas.  My neighbors have a big party and the entire neighborhood comes to shoot fireworks.  So to say I was disappointed that Crawford didn’t feel well is probably an understatement.  So at 11:30 – I gave him Tylenol and put him to bed early.  When he woke up at 3:30 (yes slept that long) – I “urged” him to feel better and go to the party.

So of course – he did.  Here’s our 1 family picture at the party.

007

30 seconds later – his teeth were chattering and he had chill bumps.  So home we went and we rotated out “sitters” with him throughout the afternoon.

When it was time to go back over to eat – I again asked if he felt like going.  Resounding NO!  So – here’s my cute fam on the couch!  I know what you are thinking – anyone could tell the kid is sick.  But I just didn’t want to accept it.  So I didn’t give him Tylenol in hopes that I could drug him at 8 ish and he’d feel like watching the fireworks!

009013

How cute is Con’s crab dress????

017018019021

So – we once again rotated out sitting duties.  Everyone went to the party and we took turns sitting with Crawford.

Conlee LOVED all of the attention!

024

Look at my cute Mom and Dad!

026

When it was my turn to “sit” – I loaded up a plate of food (including a huge thing of desserts) in hopes that Crawford may want to eat a bite.

029

That would be a negative.  He wouldn’t even lift his head off of the pillow.

031035

Con didn’t seem to mind – she ate her dessert and his too!

034

Honestly – 1 min after my brother snapped the pic below – I realized that Crawford was VERY hot.  Yes – he was 104!!!!  His pulse was thready, eyes started rolling and vomit started coming.  Bless his heart – he couldn’t even roll over to throw up.

032

After much debate – we threw him in the car and off to the ER we went.  Good thing we did because yes he had 103.8 and would not stop vomiting to hold down any fever meds.

h2h1h3h4

3 1/2 hours later – the meds had finally kicked in and he was like normal!  The doc wanted him to stay for fluids – but he really wanted to go home.  So at 11:30 – we “checked” ourselves out with a promise of going to our doc first thing in the am.  Doc seems to think it’s strep!  Ugh.  Bless his heart!!!!  He was pretty jazzed to get the “liberty” bear from the nurse.  He also really liked the new “kids” rooms at the ER.

I love being able to communicate with friends on Facebook – even from the ER.  I joked with them – that this is why I have gold coverage on my insurance.  My kids really know how to get sick!!!!  Go big or go home Smile

No comments: