Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

Oh how excited I was when I heard the thunder in the middle of the night last night.  Woke up to a 40%-60% chance today.  We REALLY needed it!

So with rain in the forecast – we chilled this morning.  Crawford told his Sue-Sue we played Lego’s and guns.  Sad to say…he’s right.  But they were Nerf guns!  Love Con’s crazy hair in the pic below.

013

After nap – the rain had stopped and the kids were stir crazy – so outside we went.  AMAZING to be in less than 100 degree heat!  So nice.  They insisted on breaking out the sidewalk paint.

014015016017018019020

We managed to work a “learning” opportunity into play time.  Despite the backwards “F” – I think it’s a great effort (by Crawford!).  Con helped by “dunking” the letters.

021022023

One hour later…

024

…the best part – CLEAN UP!

025026027028

Crawford sprayed Conlee and they laughed and played for well over an hour.  Love that her shorts got wet and kept falling down.  The wet curls looked like a drowned rat!

029030031032033034

Turn around is fair play…

035036037

After a nice dinner al fresco with the fam – I realized why today was so fun…mid-80’s is AMAZING!  Makes a ton of difference in everything you do.  Fingers crossed that it stays that way…

No comments: