Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy LOVE Day

I’m not sure when Valentine’s Day turned into the 2nd biggest holiday behind Christmas – but at our house it sure seemed that way this morning.  I got up super early and made red velvet, heart shaped pancakes for breakfast before work/school.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 016

I’m still not sure why shapes make food more fun – but they sure do.  We all sat down and enjoyed a rare breakfast together.  I was hopeful as everyone seemed well.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 017

So decked in our red…I sent them to school.  Only to get the call around 2 pm – that Con was sick.  This is when you LOVE having your in-laws in town.  Sue-Sue to the rescue.  She picked them both up and dropped them off after work.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 023

The kids requested their “favorite” meal – Taco Bell for dinner.  So I pulled through the drive through on the way home.  At 5:45 on Valentine’s night – I was 6 back in the drive through.  Good news was Con felt better – especially when she found out she got to open presents.

It looked like Christmas morning around here.   Star Wars and Hello Kitty were the “themes” – how retro is that?

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 025Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 024

We gave Bo the special heart wreath card we made for him.  He was pretty surprised.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 027

Not sure this kid will ever take this mask off.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 029Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 031

After putting the kids to bed EARLY – Bo and I feasted on king crab and champagne.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 032

Crawford woke up to go potty right before 9 as we were winding down.  He asked if he could go say hi to dad.  He walked in, saw the candles and the champagne, rubbed his eyes and said, “Hey – do you guys eat like this every night when we go to bed?”  Ummmhhh that would be a NO.  Considering the wedding china we ate on still had the price tags on it – and we are almost to our 12 year anniversary.  Note to self – need to try and make “normal” evening s a bit more special.  It was nice eating by candle light with the tv off – we actually talked!  What an amazing evening.  So thankful to have all of the amazing people in my life that I love and that love me.  Happy, happy love day!

No comments: