Sunday, February 19, 2012

Karate Party: The Decor

Today we celebrated Crawford’s birthday a few days early with a karate party at Karate Kid’s World.  AMAZING is all I can say – and that has NOTHING to do with anything I did.  The setting/facility alone was amazing.  They really did such a great job.  I’ve never seen a bunch of 5 year olds have that much fun!

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 048

Let’s be honest – I’m that crazy mom who just LOVES to throw a party.  I love the planning and preparation almost as much as I love the party itself.  So, this is the party where you are supposed to just show up and they do it all for you.  Of course, that wasn’t gonna fly with me.  No way would I use the pre-printed/fill-in-the-blank invites that came with the package!  I had to do a custom invite.

008

And then the part about just showing up.  It took Bo and Uncle Matt a half hour to load the car for the 2 min trip up the street Smile  Again – I realize I am nuts – I just can’t help it!

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 046

The nutty part stared when I decided once again to make the birthday cake myself.  Still not quite sure how/why I started doing this.  But my kids are now convinced I can make any cake.  So when we saw some cool ones on Pinterest – Crawford insisted on a two-tier version (I’ve made my kids party animals as well!).

I will say – I was blown away and tremendously proud of my creation.  I baked the cake layers (red & black of course) earlier in the week and got up at the crack of dawn to start icing and making the fondant black belt and décor.  Crawford’s face when he walked in from J-J’s and Sue-Sue’s made it all worth it.  He freaked out he was so excited.  So, I knew it looked good – I just hoped it tasted good too!

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 026Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 018Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 150

Mr. Felix was the instructor and I had 30 min before the party to set it all up.  He was blown away with the amount of stuff I had and the details I’d thought through.  Double sided tape, string for the pinata – check, check.  I told you – CRAZY mom Smile

 

Birthday banner.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 053

Ninja cake pops.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 054

The cake.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 057Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 170

Snack table.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 058

Samurai carrot sticks.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 061

Throwing stars with spinach dip.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 062

Ninja snack mix.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 078

My all time fav – the sushi tower.  PB&J sushi, California roll rice krispie’s and rice krispie nori!  So stinking cute!

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 079Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 189Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 193

Piñata bags for the kids to stuff with the candy.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 080

Customize your warrior headband station.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 081

Party hats and blowers.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 091

Treat boxes.  Loved that I got the “authentic boxes” and fortune cookies from a local place!  I added a ninja cookie and Samurai sword and called it done.

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 050Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 055

Crawford's 5th Birthday Party 059

I loved how everything turned out.  Wouldn’t change a thing.  Action shots coming in the next post!

No comments: