Friday, June 4, 2010

Arkansas Children’s Hospital – Round 2

Today was the day I’ve been dreading for 2 weeks.  We had to take Conlee to Children’s for her 2nd cf test.  Crawford stayed with Sue-Sue while we made the down there and back again in 1 day.

   ach3 June4

You forget what an amazing place it is.  It is truly built around Children.  Conlee had a blast – before her treatment!

ach2ach4

It was awful!  I had to hold her down for 5 minutes while she got an electric shock.  Before you even think it – no I wasn’t the mom taking pics of my child while she was crying.  This was 20 minutes after and she was still tuned up.  I held her down and she was MAD at me.  Wouldn’t even come to me.

ach5 ach6

We decided to show her the facilities while we had to wait on her to sweat.

ach7 ach8 ach9

She made a friend on the playground.  You literally thank God every time you see a child who is admitted here.  It was so emotional for me.  I felt right at home, afterall – I spent 9 days living here.  But, it brought back all of the emotions I’ve buried since our time here.  I forget that I thought she’d die.  I forget the feeding tube; the constant e-rays; the sleepless nights where Bo and I literally cried all night.  Amazing how our minds cope with the tragedies in our lives.  But being back here brought it all back.

ach10 ach11 ach12

We left being told that we wouldn’t have results until Monday.  But by the grace of God, they called only 30 minutes after we were on the road home and said Conlee was negative for cystic fibrosis.  Thank God!!!!  God is good and does work miracles.  We have one more blood test next week and if all is clear there – we are done and it’s official – she’s just a little bit!

No comments: