Sunday, November 14, 2010

Butterfly Party – the details

We may have to split the party into 3 posts!  Let’s start with the details.

Front Door:  I was a little worried about butterflies in November and the fact that I have corn stalks out front.  So – I painted pumpkins and put butterflies in my wreaths.  Obsessive I know, but I love how it turned out!

009010011012

The favors:  I was up at the crack of down icing all of the cookies to go in the gift boxes!  I decided that piping the butterfly details was a bit too ambitious – so “2” and “c” is where I settled.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 003 Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 007 - Copy Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 008 - Copy 

I printed tons of the “circles” on labels and used them to seal the cellophane bags.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 011 - Copy

The favor table.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 029

Girls got wings.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 030

Boys got nets.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 031

Cookies and silly bands for everyone.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 031

The food:  For some reason I really wanted all of the food to match my theme.  There was a butterfly garden made out of butterfly rice krispies and butterfly oreo balls.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 014 - Copy 

Butterfly chocolates thanks to a mold from Hobby Lobby.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 033

A butterfly cheese ball.  Yes, those are butterfly shaped crackers courtesy of Pepperidge Farm.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 036

Butterfly shaped PB&J sandwiches.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 037

Ants on a log.  No way would my kids eat celery – so we went white chocolate dipped pretzels with craisins.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 038

Butterfly and caterpillar parmesan biscuits with marinara.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 051Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 048Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 050

I also had smoked gouda dip with pretzels – but didn’t get a pic!

Then there’s the cake.  What can I say – it was a bit bigger than we needed – but it was amazing.  Butterfly cake with bug cupcakes.  I joked that I don’t think my wedding cake was this big – HA!

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 015 - Copy Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 016 Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 041

Party hats:  With my DIY birthday, I was all set to get scrapbook paper and craft my own party hats.  But thanks to Party City I didn’t have to.  They had plain hats that matched my colors!  I just embelisshed.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 024

Con’s special hat that she didn’t put on once.  She insisted on her Diego hat.  Oh well, I let her “win” that one!

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 025

The decor:  My masterpiece was my chandelier above the craft table.  Like 100 butterflies flying in the air.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 186 Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 026

I did like the way the lattice table runners turned out.  The kids crafted flying butterflies as part of their activity.  It was so fun!

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 028   

I found these gorgeous butterflies at Hobby Lobby 1/2 price.  I put them all through the house.  I especially liked them in the flowers on sticks.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 032 013004

We had guests sign a copy of 10 little ladybugs.  What a special keepsake this will be.

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 034     

Then there were the hanging butterflies.  I have a frame in Con’s room that I put a 8x10 in each month.  So I had literally 24 8x10 pics of her from each month of her life.  I used tissue paper and pipe cleaners to turn them into butterflies.  We hung them from fishing line from the ceiling.  They turned out so great.  It instantly made the house feel like a party!

 Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 185007 Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 042

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 184

Newborn:

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 183

3 months:

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 044      

11 months:

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 043

1 year:

Conlee's 2nd Birthday Party 182

I went a bit tissue paper crazy and even made some pom-poms.  While we were at Glitterbox – I got the inspiration to hand 3 together.  Love the way it turned out!

  006   

The banner turned out great.

005

At the last minute – I realized that it was actually going to be warm enough for the kids to play outside.  So – I added a few pom-poms and balloons and took the party out back!

001 002

            Believe it our not – but I found the huge helium balloons at Harp’s – they matched perfectly!014

The pics really don’t do it justice – if I say so myself it looked great in person.  This was the best party decorating I’ve done to date.  The entire house just felt like “fun”!  I can’t wait to start planning Crawford’s 4th birthday.  Next up – the real part of the party – the people shots.

1 comment:

Kyle and Amanda said...

It was a great party! Can't believe I didn't sign the book?!