Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Visit with Santa

Today, mom and I really spent all morning in the kitchen.  We’ve made – sweet potatoes, squash casserole, lady peas, corn pudding, pecan pie, Italian caramel cake and – dressing!  Our family goes a bit nuts when it comes to the dressing.  My MeMaw did it best and each year we kill ourselves trying to recreate it.

The kids got to wash up and we put them to work.  The helped crumble the corn bread and crackers for the base!

Santa 2010 022 Santa 2010 023

I finally got a much needed shower and we took the kids to see Santa.  Let me tell you – early is the way to go.  I mean – the trees are up – why not get the visit out of the way?  There was literally no line.  We stopped for a few pics (possible Christmas card?).

Santa 2010 024 Santa 2010 054

If you’ve seen my previous posts – I was terrified about how Con would do.  She is NOT a fan of anything in costume (can you recall the Easter Bunny disaster).  So, I’ve been explaining how he’s a nice man that brings PRESENTS.  Well this kid is pretty sharp – because she quickly decided he was no longer “scary” and hopped on his lap with a smile.  I broke all of the rules and snapped my own pic.  I ended up with a great one of both of them.

Santa 2010 025

Crawford asked for Rescue Heroes and Skechers.  Conlee asked for a “baby house.”

 Santa 2010 026 Santa 2010 027  

The weather was so nice that we headed to the square to check out the lights.

 Santa 2010 069 

Not much I can say about the pic below!

Santa 2010 071 Santa 2010 072 Santa 2010 074

Tribute to the troops.

Santa 2010 075 Santa 2010 078 Santa 2010 081 Santa 2010 082 Santa 2010 083 Santa 2010 085

No comments: