We've been here before - so I hate to jinx us - but Conlee had a much better day today. Her flow is down to 1/4 (we've been as high as 5 and as low as 1/4) and she is holding at 100 - which is wonderful! We even stopped the feeding tube at 3:30 and she took a bottle. She did so great that we thought that was behind us. But, as we tried at 6:00 - she started coughing, which raised her respirations, which starts the whole cycle again. So we've made the decision to bag feed tonight in hopes of giving her (and us) a good nights rest. The hope is that tomorrow she will feed from the mouth at least 2 times - and each day from there increase until we don't need the tube anymore. So - while it's not what I had hoped - I do consider this progress.
Bo told me that for the first time since Sunday - he actually feels a glimmer of hope.
To that theme - I left the hospital today - the first time for me to be outside of the walls of Children's. Conlee did so well at 3:30 - that our nurse told us to go do something for an hour and she'd watch Conlee. She was sleeping so well that I decided to "go for it." We went to visit Crawford at the apartment where he's staying with my mom & dad. As we pulled up - there was an amazing double rainbow. It went all of the way from one side to the other (like the pot of gold) - and I told Bo it had to be a good sign. Crawford was thrilled to see us and showed us his room, his bed, his toys. I feel like he has grown up so much this week.
Thanks again for thoughts and prayers.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment