Sunday, December 28, 2008

Yes - we are still at ACH!

I can not believe that we took Conlee to the ER - 1 week ago today!

Conlee had yet another bad night. She coughed from 11:00 - 5:45 am. We were up the entire time - we had to keep putting her pacifier back in. Yes - we are now a big fan of the pacifier. It's especially important for kids with respiratory problems because it ensures that they maintain the ability to suck.

But, after a bad night we had a great morning. At 7 am she was taken off of oxygen and at 10:00 we stopped the feed and I nursed her at 11:00. She did great. My mom and dad brought Crawford and we had lunch - and that glimmer of hope was rising.

However, around 2:00 - I was in the room with her and her pulsox kept dropping into the upper 90's (it must be 92 to be "good" but they prefer it to be 100). After 10 minutes of this - the decision was made to put her back on oxygen. She is simply too small and too weak to handle breathing all on her own.

The doctor did tell us that in order for us to go home - she would have to be without oxygen and eating on her own for at least 24 hours but they would like to see 48 hours. So - my hopes of going home on Monday are now gone. It is truly a day-to-day waiting game.

I'll let you know if things change - but for now - more of the same. Have I mentioned that this is getting old - and that hearing my little girl cry and cough in pain is the WORST thing ever???!!!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Meredith, please know that we are all praying for you and hoping that Conlee recovers quickly this week so you can all go home. If you need anything done at your house, please let me know. I'd be happy to help in anyway possible.
Rose