Conlee was discharged from
ACH yesterday at 2:00. We got home around 5:30 - and had a lot going on. We are so happy to be home. We went to the doctor this morning for a checkup and she weighed 7.9 and her
pulsox was at 90 (they want it to be at least 92). So - we go back tomorrow morning for another check and may have to do that for a few more weeks.
Below are pics from our "adventure." I am trying to get pics off of my phone and my brother's phone that show the Angel One crew arriving at the ICU and us taking off in the helicopter. I'll post as soon as I figure it out!
Finally out of the ER and checked into our room.

The
papasan was great as it kept
Conlee elevated at the right angle.


In ICU with the
CPAC - very scary!


Tucked into bed at
ACH.

Our comfy beds (room #1).

The I.V. was one of the worst parts - her veins are so small it took them 45
minutes and 4 pokes! We kept her arm out of the swaddle so as not to mess it up. They told me they were going to put the I.V. in her head and I almost fainted. Thank goodness they didn't have to do that.

Tucked into her "wrap" in room #2.

Room #2 was a shared room - but we got lucky and the other patient went home so we had it to ourselves (for the entire 6 hours we were there).

Christmas Eve - Mom, Dad, Matt and Crawford came to visit. Crawford loved the "outside" playgrounds, Camp
Wannaplay and
throwing "money" in the fountain to make "
ishes" for
Conlee.



Because
Conlee was so weak - we gave he a bottle vs. nurse because the doctor said that didn't require as much energy. So - I basically lived with my pump! It was good that I did because when she went on the feeding tube - I had enough milk stored for her.

Christmas Day - Crawford took a nap on the couch.

A rare pic -
Conlee had her eyes open.

Crawford clapping and singing to the Christmas songs.

Christmas lunch!

Crawford liked the brownies the best. He loved standing at the windows and saying high to the cars and the Capitol.

Santa and Mrs. Claus came to visit (
Conlee is in Crawford's blue blanket because hers was being washed).

A family Christmas picture.


Sue-Sue and J-J came to visit.

Crawford saying bye-bye to the nurses.

The monitor that I watched like a hawk. This is when she was doing great. The doctor laughed at me when I took the pic.



On Saturday I finally got out of the hospital and went to the apartment where my parents staid with Crawford. When we pulled in - there was a beautiful double rainbow! I knew it was a good sign.

Crawford showing us his "big boy" bed. He did great on it.




She's the same size as her glow worm.

When she would cry in pain - I would get in bed with her. I slept like this a few times!

Crawford found many ways to enjoy himself... the computer;

making Pops push him in the halls;

and chocolate!

The yellow tube is the feeding tube. I was scared to touch her she had so many cords and wires.

We didn't know it then - but our last night in the hospital. Doesn't it look cozy! Note - this was room #3 at ACH.

No more feeding tube - just oxygen.

Do you think we had enough stuff? We were only in the hospital 9 days.

The board that showed she was eating.

No more tubes or tape!

Dressed and ready to go.

Home at last.
No comments:
Post a Comment