Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I’m Batgirl!

As some of you know, we’ve been having a very hard time with Conlee and her sleep habits.  She’s waking up at 5:00 am and is ready to get out of bed.  So, before Christmas, I told her if she’d stay in bed and lay quietly until Mommy came to get her in the mornings – Santa would bring her a dolly house.  Worked like a charm…that is until December 26 when she had the dang dolly house.

Since then I’ve tried to bribe her with other things; threaten to take away things – you name it – I’ve tried it.

Then it hit me – I was trying to parent my 2 year old the way I do my 4 year old.  It obviously wasn’t working.  What motivates a 2 year old – stickers!  So we made a sleep chart.

This morning Con successfully completed her chart!

003

I’d promised a “surprise” and I TOTALLY forgot about it all day at work.  So tonight the kids (yes Crawford was a big help in as the motivator) asked where her surprise was.  Thank goodness that after Halloween I’d picked up a costume at WM that I hadn’t given her.

She LOVED it!  Wore it all night and cried when she had to take it off for bath!  She’s a hoot.

 002 

Of course, Crawford immediately wanted a chart of his own (this kid’s no dummy – charts = presents).  So we made a handwriting chart for him.   He immediately did 3 pages of his Spiderman book so he could get 3 stickers!

 005

Here’s a BIG thank you to the power of Tinker Bell stickers!

No comments: