Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One of those GREAT days

Today was just one of those days where the stars aligned.

  • I had a blast with my kids (and I know they did too);
  • I was very productive at my job;
  • I had a great time with a great friend; 
  • I took care of my “chores” around the house; and finally…
  • I cooked an amazing dinner for my family! 

RARELY does this happen.  As a working mom – I’ve learned to accept that you are only going to survive if you juggle.  You are never going to hit on all cylinders on all of the things you need to/want to get done in one day.  But, man – the days when out of the blue it happens – those are the days that this wanna be Supermom dreams about!

We started with the kids sleeping in.  This allowed me to get a jump start on some of those chores. 

First stop – the grocery store.  Honestly one of the best trips yet.  Heck, I even felt good about what was in the basket (lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains).

On to the Dollar Tree.  Amanda and I are in the middle of planning an “out of this world” (hint, hint) birthday party for the boys.  I was doing some recon on the goods they had.  I managed to spend $17 at the $1 store :)

Next stop – Boingo Bounce.  I’d had this on my “to do” list for a while.  But this morning when the temp on my car registered a whopping 7 degrees – I just knew we were going.  As luck would have it, as we pulled into the parking lot – Amanda called and she and the boys came to join us.  This place was great.  It’s not as big as Jump Zone – which was awesome.  It’s a must do winter activity for anyone with kids.  I think all 4 kids cried when we made them leave!

      w13   w3 w5 w6 w7 w8 w2w9 w10 w11 w12 

Everyone had been so good – we got a treat for lunch – Mickey D’s.  We went inside and were there for over an hour.  We talked, ate and laughed.  An elderly couple stopped by to tell me that watching such a happy family made their day!

w1

What’s next…nap time of course.  Boingo Bounce did the trick and both kids were out for 3 hours!  Which is when I got to tackle my “other” job :)  It was amazing.

When the kids woke up – I couldn’t believe it but it was time to start dinner.  Thank you Dollar Tree for the new alphabet puzzle.  The kids did “team work” and were surprisingly good at their letter recognition.

016006

While my dinner simmered in the pot, Amanda called and we made a quick trip over there for some party prep.  SPOILER:  Crawford and Cole are having a space party!!!!

027023

Dinner was amazingly delicious (Giada’s pork chop piaziola with fried polenta) and delightfully peaceful.  The kids ate great and it was just fun.  They even got chocolate pudding for dessert (as worn by Con!).

031

What a delightful day.  Thank you God for sprinkling these in now and then.  Even the most energetic, positive mom can get a bit discouraged.  It’s days like these that give you a much needed re-charge!

No comments: