Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year’s Eve Progressive Dinner Party

To say that I’m not a New Year’s Eve person is putting it mildly.  Now, don’t get me wrong, I love the party hats, champagne and a good kiss at midnight – I just like it in the comfort of my own home.  We’ve done the dressed up events, the dinners at a restaurant – but it’s all overrated to me.

This year we hosted our family at our house for a progressive dinner party.  Meaning we had the first course at 5:30 and the last at 11:45!  We literally ate and ate.  Being New Year’s we did “fancy” the menu up  a bit.  Check it out.

032

First course:  cheese tray

New Years Eve 2010 002

I wanted to do roasted figs with prosciutto but couldn’t find any fresh.  So – we spread fig preserves on these great bread sticks I got at Harp’s and wrapped them in prosciutto.  Super yummy.

New Years Eve 2010 004 - Copy

The kids were so excited to have another party!

New Years Eve 2010 005 New Years Eve 2010 006

How sweet!

New Years Eve 2010 007

We had a concert in between courses.  Sue-Sue and J-J missed the first one.  They loved it!

New Years Eve 2010 008 New Years Eve 2010 009

Second course:  French onion soup

New Years Eve 2010 012

Third course:  shrimp Mornay bruschetta

New Years Eve 2010 014 New Years Eve 2010 016

Main course:  beef tenderloin, black truffle risotto, tomato gratin and roasted asparagus.  Everyone swears it was the best meat they’d ever had.  I of course was satisfied with the black truffle risotto – yummy!

New Years Eve 2010 017 

Dessert course:  Babe’s famous chocolate angel food cake with Nutella cream anglaise.

 New Years Eve 2010 019

Raspberry Bellini’s to ring in the New Year.

New Years Eve 2010 021

My sweet Mom & Dad!

New Years Eve 2010 022

Of course with a meal this long – there was lots to drink so everyone bunked at our house.  It was so fun.  Honestly wouldn’t have wanted to celebrate anywhere else.

The kids were pleasantly surprised when they woke up to find Bo and I sleeping in the den on the blow up bed.

They quickly made it into a trampoline!

New Years Eve 2010 023 New Years Eve 2010 024 New Years Eve 2010 025   New Years Eve 2010 028

Love that it’s New Year’s morning and they are wearing their Santa jammies.  They might go into withdrawals when they realize the holiday is over.  But, no fret – next party is Crawford’s 4th birthday party.  Amanda and I got to get into party planning mode!

No comments: