Thursday, December 30, 2010

The best Christmas present ever

For Christmas Babe & Pops gave Bo and me some $$$ and told us to pick the night and they’d keep the kids.  They told us to treat ourselves.  So, we did!  Bo took a half day today and we headed to Chateaux on the Lake.  We were there in September, so I told Bo this must be where we go on our quarterly retreats.  Man, is it good for the soul.

I’ve had Christmas down and been done with it – but the Landing and the hotel were still all decked out.  It was pretty spectacular.  I will say that the outlets were over winter – they already had Spring stuff stocked!

Guess I got too caught up relaxing – because I only took pics of the gingerbread houses.  I will say that after seeing these – I think I have a challenge for Amanda and me next year :)

c1 c2 c3

The best thing is knowing that the kids are having as much fun as we are.  Of course, Babe & Pops let them pretty much rule the roost.  I received the pic below at 8:35 (yes my kids normally are tucked in by 7:30).  Pops made them homemade chocolate candy.  This is them eating the spoons.  I’ve did the same thing a million times in my childhood.  So blessed for them to get to experience the same thing.

d

So we’ll only be gone for 24 hours – but the time is priceless!  Thanks Babe & Pops!!!!!

No comments: