It’s just one of those “milestone” things – but this week has been full of appointments for Conlee. Today we got to go see Dr. Jackson. Again, she was a star. She literally talked his ear off. He said she is “gifted” in her level of speech. I’ll just say there are some times I wish this wasn’t the case (as she’s pointing to me telling me why we aren’t doing what I asked but what she wants to do – HA!).
Of course a trip to the doc isn’t complete without the dreaded trip to the scales. Well, let’s just say – Con was on the growth chart for height (15%) and head (5%) – but she still hasn’t made it for weight. She tipped the scales at 21 pounds on the dot (bless the nurse for being patient until it went up a point). Of course I’m concerned about this – most 1 year olds weigh this much. But, the doc says she’s a normal, healthy little girl who is right on her “arch.” Matter of fact – we don’t have to see him again until she’s 3 (well that is if you don’t count the inevitable sick visits).
So – I’m officially off the weight watch (well let’s be honest, not completely). But, I’m going to let it go – let her continue to eat as much as she wants and just pray that karma is not at play here. You just know that in 10 years she’ll probably be just like me and having to watch what she eats to keep from gaining weight.
Here’s to the blessing of having a healthy and happy 2 year old little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment