Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our Christmas “Party”

First off, for those of you that didn’t get an invite – don’t feel like you were left out.  We had the Rogers over for dinner and Crawford insisted we were having a Christmas party.  Well, we did exchange gifts and I did have red and green tortilla chips – so I guess we had all of the “trimmings” of a party.  Conlee was super excited before they got here.

    Christmas with the Rogers 001 

I guess she was in her “party” gear!

Christmas with the Rogers 005

We decided to make gingerbread houses.  I am NEVER, can I repeat NEVER – successful with gingerbread houses.  They look deceivingly easy.  Well, this year I ended up helping Cole and Cade while Amanda helped my kids.  I’m sad to say that Amanda left with not the prettiest of houses.  Let’s just say there was lots of “snow” (thank you Cole) and a headless reindeer (thank you Cade)!  All I can say is at least the roof stayed in tact – ha!

Christmas with the Rogers 008

Conlee just ate handfuls of sprinkles!

a2a1

Crawford and Conlee’s house.

Christmas with the Rogers 010

Cade and Cole’s house.

Christmas with the Rogers 009  

We did get festive and ate at the dinning room table.  I even let Crawford and Cole eat on the Spode Christmas china with the adults.  Conlee and Cade sat at the “little” table but they didn’t mind a bit!  I cheated and went super easy – Mexican pile on.  As many of you know I don’t eat red meat – but I have no aversion to my kids eating it.  Apparently I need to cook with it a bit more – Crawford asked for seconds of the “yummy stuff.”

Christmas with the Rogers 013Christmas with the Rogers 011  

Then it was time for presents!  The first thing Cole whispered when he walked in (think super quiet “secret” whisper in Crawford’s ear), “We get to play with the grill that’s in there!”

They got Crawford a super cool grill so he can grill with his Daddy!

Christmas with the Rogers 014 Christmas with the Rogers 016 a3

Look at them all twisting knobs and opening doors.

Christmas with the Rogers 019 

We gave Cole a spaceship with like a million parts (I think I owe Kyle and apology).  The boys chased each other around with spaceships!

 Christmas with the Rogers 022

Conlee got the Melissa & Doug slice and bake cookie set.  Amanda’s always the best gift giver.  She put in a flower spatula and whisk – and that was all Conlee needed.

Christmas with the Rogers 029

So you didn’t believe me?  See Conlee with the spatula in the background.  That’s Crawford opening her gift!

Christmas with the Rogers 031Christmas with the Rogers 020  

Cade was up next.  We got him a Donald Duck fire truck.

Christmas with the Rogers 034 

Cade loved the truck…Conlee loved Donald.

Christmas with the Rogers 040a4

Once Conlee realized she could bake and slice her cookies she was in.  Side note:  check out Con’s pink “Princess” slippers.  She changed shoes like 3 times during the night!

Christmas with the Rogers 038  

I don’t know how Amanda and I didn’t get our pictures taken (oh yeah the boys don’t even think about it) but I got an adorable monogrammed makeup bag with a Clinique lip gloss (a splurge for me!).

Christmas with the Rogers 041 

Before calling it a night – we had to have a dessert.  The Reindeer cookies from the previous post were on the menu.  I love Cole – he just ate the pretzels and wanted more pretzels.  Mine were crying over more M&M’s!

Christmas with the Rogers 044 

We had so much fun at our “party”!  I feel so blessed that Bo and Kyle have been friends for 30 years.  Good thing they both got lucky and married “up” – ha!  I love that we are so close – they are my “adopted” family.  Can’t wait for many more “parties” in the years to come.

No comments: