Friday, December 17, 2010

Gingerbread Men Pancakes

This morning, the kids slept in and woke up requesting “puffy pancakes” (aka – my Aunt Margie’s pancakes).  I couldn’t just do “normal” cakes – we made them gingerbread men.  The kids LOVED it.  I love surprising them and how easy it is to take something normal and make it special.

001 002 003  005

I’m super busy with work – so I did the “mom of the year” thing and put on Diego Saves Christmas and I focused on spreadsheets!  I heard lots of laughing and Dora talking.  I found the kids with my iPhone – they’d discovered the Dora Christmas app I installed.

 

I am NOT one of those parents who volunteers my phone.  Matter of fact, until today – they’ve never had their paws on it.  But, when I saw this app – I thought it might come in handy over the holidays.  I think I’ve created 2 monsters!

006 007 008

We spent all morning in our pj’s.  After nap – I packed their bags and “shipped” them off to J-J’s and Sue-Sue’s.  Bo and I were on a SERIOUS stocking stuffer mission.  Mission accomplished, we had date night at Primo.  Pretty much a perfect day:  kids, work and hubby – had a great time with all!

No comments: