Monday, January 16, 2012

Child Labor

007008

Still not real sure how we ended up in the “mess” we did today – totally blame the long weekend!  Bo texted around 10 to see what we were up to.  My reply, “Kids are making Valentine’s cards and I’m refinishing the bathroom cabinets.”  Yep – TOTALLY unplanned.  It was a day where I just needed a project and the one I want to do cost $ – so we went the free route.  I had some paint left from a project this summer and after inspecting the label – and finding “wood” was in the description – it was on.

The funny thing is the kids totally could have gone to school today – they were open.  But, I felt like I hadn’t seen them since we were gone this weekend – so they stayed home with me.  Good thing too – because Crawford was a HUGE help.

We took the drawers and cabinets off.  He (and Con for brief spurts) helped sand and wash them.  While the napped…I got busy painting.  I skipped the priming part and was VERY nervous when they were still tacky to the touch after 2 hours.  But after a second coat – coverage is great and I’m (fingers crossed) hoping that after a full night they’ll be dry.  I’ll post pics of our finished project soon!

No comments: