Saturday, January 28, 2012

Doing it Memphis Style

We had a great morning on the farm with a huge breakfast fixed by Pops and then Bo and I went for a quick run.  After an early nap – the entire crew loaded up to head across the bridge.  We for sure made the most of our time.  I <3 Memphis!!!!

First stop – the Children’s Museum.  It’s such an amazing facility.  The kids LOVED the Fed Ex plane.

017019020021022

I don’t know about you – but a “good” museum must have a simulated catfish “fishing” water exhibit!

026

And one of the things I miss most about NEA – Kroger.  The kids loved being the Mommy and Daddy and shopping.  They even got to “ring” up the groceries!

028031032033035

Rock climbing, pretend dentist, fire truck, police…you name it and you can experience it here. 

036037038039

Let’s hope this is the last time Con’s in the back of a cop car!

040042043044

Con wanted to hula hoop – so I had to show her how!

045046049

Next stop – the Peabody to visit the ducks.

051052056058

The kids had a front row seat.

059068069

No matter how many times I see it – I love it.  Such a Southern tradition that I’m happy to share with the kids.

070071

The kids of course had Shirley Temples!  No telling how many of these I’ve had in this lobby.

074075

Keith popped over to visit with the fam.  Love, love this guy!  One of my all time favs!  So glad we get to see him when we come to town.

073077076

Can you guess the next stop???  The Vous of course.  I get chills just when I walk down the stairs.  Not sure there’s another experience like it in life.  The sights.  The sounds.  The SMELLS.  Pure deliciousness.  My kids love it.  My job as a parent is done Smile

078079080081083084085

So thrilled to get to show my kids this side of my life.  So many great memories.  Having a great time creating new ones!

No comments: