Monday, January 2, 2012

One more day off

We were sad to see Babe & Pops leave this morning Sad smile  But, we had a great holiday and got to spend a lot of time together.  Just makes me wish they lived up here.

Today really felt like New Year’s Day – it was cold and there was football on.

We’ve been so spoiled by the great weather that the kids wanted to go to the park.  So we bundled up and packed up our gear (and Lord was there a ton of it) and hit Gulley.  We basically had the place to ourselves.

001

The kids both got plasma cars from Santa.  What a hit!  Turns out Gulley has more hills than you’d think.  They called it “riding the roller coaster!”  Bo and I were dying laughing.  They can fly on these things.

005008009013

They wanted more hills – so we cut across the park to get to the biggest one.

014015017

And they were off.  Scooby loved racing with them.

019022

Con got stuck and asked for help.  I turned around and Bo was flying down the hill with her.

026027032

We then played a pretty intense game of kickball!  This is one “sport” that I’m kinda good at Smile

033034035038

The kids loved getting the parents “OUT!”

039

We then had to ride bikes.  If you are keeping track – I told you there was a TON of gear.  And yes – we were there FOREVER.

041042043

After a quick lunch, Bo and I were worn out – but the kids were totally enjoying family play time.  Bo informed them that the rest of the afternoon would be focused on football.  He meant “watching.”  They interpreted this as a directive to put on their gear and play football!

045

Of course we couldn’t resist – so we pushed nap time until way late and played a little tackle football.

046048051053

Then it was finally NAP time.  We were all exhausted.  Even Scoobs who I found sunbathing at the front door on all of our discarded coats.

047

After nap, Crawford wanted to play some more.  But by this time – Bo and I were both serious about watching the game.  So Bo taught Crawford how to make his own jersey.  He worked on it forever.  Because Oregon was playing (and they did have amazing helmets) his became green and yellow on the front.  He said he’d make the back blue and orange for Tebow!

054055

The kids have been busy coloring their playhouse.  I will say – they’ve done it all on their own.  The freak in me wants to tell them the dog shouldn’t be purple and the colors should “match” – but I’ve been really good and kept my mouth shut.

I did get recruited to color the chimney because they couldn’t reach!

056058060061

I love that my kids – who have VERY short attention spans for most things – can totally focus when it comes to a project.  We had to force bed time and assure them that there were many more cold winter days for them to finish the house.

What an amazing time off this has been with my family!  So blessed to work at a place that acknowledges the holidays and allows us to literally unplug and BREAK!  I know it will be hard to get back in the routine…but secretly looking forward to a bit of normal!

No comments: