Sunday, January 18, 2009

Projects, Parties and More

We've had a busy couple of days around here. Here are some highlights....
We are morning people around here.
A typical breakfast. Crawford loves his "puffins."
Friday's "project time" was creating a dinosaur out of shapes. Crawford colored the background while I cut the shapes.

I used the glue to draw the shape and had him find the matching shape and put it on the paper. So, some triangles are upside down, but at least he found the shapes :)
Saturday afternoon was Cole's party. The kids had a blast! Cole was nice enough to let Crawford help him blow out his candles. I was devastated to learn that Kyle was actually blowing the candles out for them!!!!
The cupcakes were a big hit.
A pinata filled with goodies! Miraculously - there were no injuries.
The weather was perfect - so Crawford took advantage and played on Cole's super cool play set.

There were the expected tears. An Elmo toy and book caused this exchange.
All was good when Cole got a golf club. Crawford insisted we open it. After sending a ball flying across the living room, Bo and Crawford took it outside.

They loved the ball pit.

Crawford really loves his megaphone we decorated. He yelled "Happy Birthday" the entire ride home.
Crawford spent the night with J-J and Sue-Sue. Matt and Courtney kept Conlee. So Bo and I got a much needed night out with friends. How I didn't get a picture I don't know - but it was so good to see Carl and Courtney! Bo, Conlee and I "slept" in until 9:30 (she ate at 6:45 and we went right back down) - it was great. Crawford got "rave" reviews on his behavior - so we are going to be taking advantage of the "stay over" much more often!
When Crawford got home, he re-discovered the paper roll in his room. What to do with a mile-long piece of paper???? Lay down and trace each other. So - we turned a "time-out" into project time and it as actually a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Kyle and Amanda said...

Check out Kebra's blog. Looks like Baker had a construction party!