Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St Patty’s Day from Greasy Creek!

A few weeks ago Amanda said she had a feeling today would be a gorgeous day to head to Greasy Creek (Kyle’s hunting lease). Turns out she was right. We got up early and headed out there.



We started by skipping rocks in the creek. The kids could seriously do this for hours.



019021



a1027028031032033036



Love the pic of Con below. She said this 4-wheeler was just her size.



037038



The Ward’s brought water wands. Hit!



039040042



We then loaded up and headed out on a hike. When I say loaded up…I mean it. See below.



a4a5



Scoobs looked like he was in heaven. Well, Bo got out to take a 4-wheeler up there with us and we were all just driving along. Thank goodness I had Scoobs by the collar – because he jumped from the truck. It happened so fast! Again thank goodness I was able to snatch him up without hanging him.



044045



We set out to hike to the waterfall.



046049



Simply a magical place.



052055



I will say, us Garmon’s – we are city folks. As I took the pick below – I watched Crawford lose his grip and slide down a bit. I thought he was gonna break his neck. But I tried to be “cool.”



056



I love the pic Amanda took of Scoobs.



a3



059



It simply wouldn’t be a weekend without someone in my family getting hurt. Today it was Crawford’s turn Sad smile About 3 seconds after the below pic – he nosed dived into the creek.



064



After some tears (some of hurt, some of shock) – we convinced him to loose his shirt so he wouldn’t be so cold. He rebounded way better than I would have!



066068



And what did he do? Went right back to climbing.



072



Love the pic of these 2 boys planning out what they were doing.



074



Amanda got the pic below of Crawford. He looked like he was the king of the mountain.



a2



Here’s the Dad’s with their kiddos.



082



My family!



083086



Cole took his b-b gun in case we needed to shoot something.



085



After an awesome “picnic” lunch – we hid Easter eggs for the kids. Why are we doing this on St Patty’s Day? Just because Smile I told the kids it was practice!



090092095



Before we left, Cole offered to let Crawf shoot his b-b gun. I’ll admit – I’m not a fan at all. I was super worried about them using a “toy” gun because they won’t be around “real” guns. But, I decided to let him (and Con) do it. They loved it!



097099100



The kids and Scoobs all 3 took a nap on the way home!



080



Thanks to the Rogers for an amazing, gorgeous day!



We got home and made some much needed progress on our yard work. I then whipped up tequila lime chicken and Uncle Matt came and spent the night.



m2m1



All around – a GREAT day and night! I <3 daylight savings time!

No comments: