Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New York State of Mind

I’m so lucky to have the best job ever Smile  This week – I got to spend time in our S&SX NYC office.  You’ve always heard how “horrible” New Yorkers are – SO not the case.  The folks were so welcoming and open.  Loved every minute of it.

Hate to admit, but after 3 days of this being the view from my office – I kind of got use to it (almost!).

n2

Janet took me to my new all time favorite spot in the West Village – Mermaid’s.  Happy Hour is AMAZING and runs till 7.  We got $1 oysters (east and west).  Who knew you could get anything to eat in the city for $12 much less something this lush.

n3

Record highs were set while I was there – mid-70s and AMAZING.  I had to break the airline rules and snap the pic below as we left.  Can you believe that that little strip of land with the big green park in the middle can have so much life?

n5

Speaking of life – thanks to Bo for keeping life as I know it running while I was gone.  It’s easy to “wish” you lived in a big city – but the minute the wheels hit the ground – I raced back to suburbia.  And look what met me – a homemade sign.  Bo HATES craft messes – so it means that much more that he totally did this with the kids on his own.

n1

So happy to have had such a good, productive, fun weeks in the city – but really, really, really glad and thankful to be home!

No comments: