Saturday, March 24, 2012

SDC!

Our group took a big chance and hit SDC this morning.  Thank goodness for Bo Chaney suggesting we leave at 8:45 (park opens at 9:30).  After all, it is the first beautiful day of Spring Break week.  Just us and a million other folks decided to hit the park.  Below is the line at 9:00 to get into the “preferred” parking.

p1

Don’t we look like we love this place?  I really do, but let’s just say – it was my first and last trip during the “busy” season.

Branson Spring Break 2012 022Branson Spring Break 2012 023Branson Spring Break 2012 024

We did it Clark Griswold style and ran to the back of the park first.  Good thing we did because we actually got ahead of the crowd.  Mac & Crawford loved that they could ride by themselves!

Branson Spring Break 2012 026Branson Spring Break 2012 027Branson Spring Break 2012 029

I love the rides – so I was glad to spin with the kids!

Branson Spring Break 2012 030

Bo wanted to ride the “coaster.”  They stood in line 45 minutes to go around the baby track 3 times!  The kids  snacked on frozen lemonade.  Man, that stuff is delish.

p2p3Branson Spring Break 2012 032

Con is “my” child.  She rode with her hands in the air the entire time.  Crawford & Mac chose the front car!  They were hilarious.

Branson Spring Break 2012 033Branson Spring Break 2012 034Branson Spring Break 2012 035Branson Spring Break 2012 036Branson Spring Break 2012 040

I can honestly say, that I’ve never been so thankful for Bo having a tee time in my life.  Tom & Bo were playing at 2:10.  So, at 12:30 – as crowds were still pouring in – we were all literally running to get out of there!  The kids were so sad we didn’t ride Fire in the Hole.  But, when I told them we were going to lunch at the clubhouse – they were cool.

Well, cool enough to leave.  My normal “posers” would not take a pic.  The sun was in their eyes.

p7

While the kids napped, the girls “sunned and chatted” on the porch.  Who could have believed we were in coats yesterday and shorts today.

Courtney had packed tons of goodies for the kids.  So when they got up – we broke out the sidewalk chalk and bubbles.

Branson Spring Break 2012 041Branson Spring Break 2012 042Branson Spring Break 2012 043Branson Spring Break 2012 044Branson Spring Break 2012 045Branson Spring Break 2012 046Branson Spring Break 2012 047Branson Spring Break 2012 048

We then packed up some “supplies” and hit the FREE playground/park that is right across from where we were staying.  Can honestly say that the kids didn’t know if they were at SDC or here!  They had a blast.

p8p9p10

The parents also had “fun” because we came with a cooler in tow.  I’m normally not a rule breaker.  But, I didn’t see the sign below until AFTER my 2nd beer Smile

p11

Bo Chaney became my kids hero when he took Mac and Crawford to ride go carts.  Look how big they look!  The girls all got showered up and prepped dinner.

p6

It was my turn to “host” wine night.  So, of course – I’d brought a ton of yumminess with us.  How I only got a pic of the 1st and last course I have no idea?  Yummy cheese course; tuna tower; bananas foster.  Let’s just say that we were all tired from a late night Friday and a big meal – we SKIPPED the wine tasting.  That’s right folks…you heard it here…this group too tired to drink wine!  Well, at least we now have an excuse to get together again soon Smile

p12p13

The kids had so much fun getting to know each other.  Amazing how well they all got along!  Love the pic of Lilly and Con in bed watching a movie.  These two were peas in a pod!

Branson Spring Break 2012 050

No comments: