Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sick as a Dog

So, I should have had a clue that this was coming – when Crawford didn’t want to play soccer on Monday night.  I pulled the Mother-of-the-Year and basically forced him on the field and denied snacks because of lack of focus.  Only to come home to him complaining about being hot.  Checked his temp – 103.  Yep, told you – MOTY!  So, I kept him home yesterday and desperately hoped it would pass.

But, this morning – it was 103.7!  Scoobs was in complete protection mode.  If Con or I came anywhere near Crawford – Scoobs freaked out and barked like a mad dog!

c1

Con took this as a cue to keep her jammies on all day too!  Thankfully after rotating Tylenol/Motrin – and a long nap – Crawford showed signs of life.

So, we did a “treasure hunt.”  I taped crayons to different items in their rooms that began with different letters.  I then let them roam free with nothing but a list of beginning letters.  This made them talk through what in their rooms could possibly begin with that letter.  When they thought of something, they had to go hunt for it in hopes of finding a crayon.

001

Here’s the letter sheet.

002

When they found the crayon, they had to put an X next to the beginning letter.

003

Con put 2 X’s because she found a base ball – she wanted 2 for the double b’s.  Guess we’ll teach her about compound words on another day!

004007

Fan.

006

Toothbrush.

009

Con with the 3 from her room:  hat, dog and van!

011

So happy Crawford is showing signs of life again!  J-J and Sue-Sue are gonna stay with him tomorrow.  Prayers that he feels better and no one else gets it!!!!

No comments: