Thursday, July 23, 2009

I go to Jonesboro! I DDDOOOO!!!!

We had one of the BEST weekends this past weekend! We loaded up the car and took out on the 5 hour trip to J-town to visit Megan, Joe, Gracie, Holt and Stella! I literally met Megan the first day we moved into the Hump Dump - and she's been a best friend to me ever since. This was the first time that we've gotten us all together and it was so much fun. Literally we had 6 kids and 6 adults all at the swimming pool on Saturday and we didn't have one melt down or one issue! Unbelievable.

Bo and I are seriously considering telling the kids that Jonesboro is "Walt Disney World" and making this our annual summer trip. In between the wonderful accommodations, the swimming pool, the yummy food, the delicious frozen drinks, staying up late watching movies, the playhouse, the "big" kid toys, the ride-on toys - I can't imagine that Disney would have been much better! I keep telling Joe that I'm gonna rent him a mouse costume next summer :)

Holt and Crawford taking a ride in the Jeep. This thing goes so fast that the kids have to wear their seat belts. I had to "let it go" and just let Crawford scream and giggle.
Them playing "chicken" with Gracie on her scooter. Honestly - no plant was safe. They would run over anything that was in their way.
Gracie, the "babysitter."
Can you beat this pic?Conlee had her own Disney - named Stella! Stella is just 2 weeks younger than Con. Tons of toys and pacis to steal from each other and Stella is crawling and pulling up! Am sure that Con learned some new tricks.
The babysitter just taking care of one of the kids.
Conlee's first swing set ride. Can you tell she loved it?
Yes the boys had matching swimsuits. And yes, Holt taught Crawford how to climb up the slide!
What do you do after an evening of swimming and rough-housing? You take a bath - all together!
Conlee and Stella had to get in on the action. I will say - this was extremely efficient!
Night-night kisses.
Crawford watching Bolt. Did I mention that they basically own Blockbuster? Again, Heaven for kids.Another great thing about J-town - Babe and Pops are only 45 minutes away. They came up on Saturday and spent the day and night with us. Megan has been part of our family since day one and it was so nice of her to welcome my family into her home.

This was lunch time. All I can say is that the pimento cheese in last month's Southern Living is amazing. Also, Megan made the best salsa I've ever eaten. Again, not sure I'd be spoiled like this at Disney?
Mom and Crawford clowning in the pool.
Another great thing about Babe and Pops - they bring home aid ice cream :)Conlee seriously wanting some "cream."
School was in session in the playhouse!
Can pretty much guarantee Bo wouldn't be this relaxed at Disney. I think he fell asleep like this!Saying goodbye on Sunday was really hard! Can you tell that neither Holt or Crawford was ready to get out of the Jeep? We spent 5 hours on the trip home with Crawford saying, "I wanna go to Jonesboro! I DDDDOOOO!!!"
We are both such moms now - the only pic we got of Megan and me together was saying goodbye with not a lick of makeup on!
Crawford (2), Gracie (7), Stella (8 mths), Holt (4), Conlee (8 mths)
Did I mention that it was at least as good as Disney? Crawford even got "souvenirs." He "bought" one of Holt's garage sale toys!!!!

Megan - thank you for being such an amazing friend. You were an incredible host and I loved that it was as if we see each other daily. I love your family and feel so blessed to call you a friend!

No comments: