Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Busy, Fun, Amazing Day: Part 2

As well as doing something “educational” with the kids – I’ve vowed to get out and do more in NWA.  There are amazing FREE programs for kids that I never take advantage of.  Today we ventured out to Little Sprouts at the Botanical Garden’s.

The kids loved it.  Each week there’s a new theme.  Today was “weather” which was perfect because last night it stormed here and both of my kids are terrified of thunder.  There was story time.

673674

Then there was even a craft.  The kids made wind catchers!

677681683687

I couldn’t believe how well they turned out!  I also couldn’t believe how many kids were there.

689

Con loved “flying” hers.

692

Of course, we had to go explore the gardens.  Am a bit embarrassed that I’ve only been out here 1 time – when Conlee was a baby.  It was such a hit with the kids that we’ll be back!

They loved the koi pond.

690

We learned a lot in the vegetable garden.  Because yes, their tomato plants actually have tomatoes on them (unlike ours at home).

696

Crawford and his amazing memory – actually remembered the chickens!  He wasn’t even 2 the last time we were here!

698

There are tons of “little” doors and paths for the kids to really explore and wander through.

701

They were running and laughing!

702

Dinosaur bridge.

704705706

The all time favorite – the echo tree!  We hung out there for quite a bit.

709711712714

Then they found the train!

716718719721

Con loved the caterpillar.

722

I will say by this time it was getting HOT.  A kid that was playing on the train was having a snack.  Crawford said, “I sure do wish we had a snack and something to drink.”  What does he think this is – amateur hour?  Of course I had snacks and drinks.  So we found a shaded, secluded swing and snacked.  Next time we go – I’ll pack a picnic lunch.

725

Right when we got home – we HAD to hang our wind catchers.  They wanted them out front so Daddy could see them when he got home!

727

No comments: