Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy 35th to Me!

I’m still a bit shell shocked – but today I turned 35!  I really don’t “mind” birthday’s –but today I just didn’t feel like celebrating.  All I wanted to do was pack and get ready to go to Rosemary.

The kids helped a ton.  Here’s Crawford watering our redneck tomato plant.

Rosemary 2011 006Rosemary 2011 007

But my family and friends had other ideas.  All day people called, popped by and facebooked to send me birthday wishes.  I’m telling you a birthday on facebook will remind you just how many people are your “true” friends!

Well  - my hubby is amazing and he planned a “surprise” party for me!  Thank goodness it was just our family because my house is a wreck and I hadn’t showered! Smile  After 16 years – he knows for sure that sunflowers always work and a cake from Rick’s with sunflowers – a surefire winner!

Rosemary 2011 009

The kids wouldn’t have believed it was my birthday if there wasn’t a cake!  They loved every last bite!

Rosemary 2011 010Rosemary 2011 011Rosemary 2011 013Rosemary 2011 014Rosemary 2011 015Rosemary 2011 016Rosemary 2011 017Rosemary 2011 018Rosemary 2011 019

So there are a few more lines in my forehead than I would like – but honestly – I couldn’t dream of a more happy place to be in my life.  I am so blessed to have the most amazing husband and a wonderful family.  Here’s to the next amazing 35 years and growing old with the man I’m still crazy about and the kids that I adore!!!!

Rosemary 2011 022

Thanks to all of my family and friends.  Love you all!

No comments: