Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 4: Rosemary

I was the mom that swore my little girl would never wear a bikini.  Flash forward 2 years – pink leopard – I couldn’t resist.  Add in pig-tails…perfection!

Rosemary 2011 274Rosemary 2011 277

I had to send the pic below to Amanda.  Yes I did…side braided pony and a hat.  Do I think I’m 20? Smile

Rosemary 2011 278

Morning snack…cookies.  Don’t judge – there are no rules on the beach!

Rosemary 2011 282

3 generations of Garmon men.  My favorite!

Rosemary 2011 287

Con wanted to do the “push” again.  Thank goodness for technology – we downloaded “Sugar Pie Honey Bunch"!

Rosemary 2011 288Rosemary 2011 289Rosemary 2011 290Rosemary 2011 291Rosemary 2011 298Rosemary 2011 299

Conlee is just like Babe & Sue-Sue – she loves to walk the beach!

Rosemary 2011 302

I taught her how to look for seashells.  Mistake – that’s all she wanted to do!

Rosemary 2011 308Rosemary 2011 309Rosemary 2011 310Rosemary 2011 314

J-J even boogie boarded with Crawford!

Rosemary 2011 316Rosemary 2011 315

This was Con’s attempt to join them.

Rosemary 2011 319Rosemary 2011 322Rosemary 2011 323Rosemary 2011 324

I adore the pic below.

Rosemary 2011 328Rosemary 2011 325

Griffin catching a wave.

Rosemary 2011 326

I guarantee these boys ran in and out of the ocean at least 100 times.

Rosemary 2011 331Rosemary 2011 333

I have to admit – we were all wiped out by nap time.  God must have agreed, because he sent us a nice rain shower.  It not only cooled things down – but it gave us a reason to get off the beach and enjoy the town!  While the kids napped, Bo and I grabbed umbrellas and did some shopping (yes all we had was Spiderman and Tinkerbell)!  We got several giggles.

8.10 umbrella

When the kids got up – we hit Camp Rosemary for glitter tattoos.

Rosemary 2011 334Rosemary 2011 335Rosemary 2011 336Rosemary 2011 338Rosemary 2011 339

Then, the Sugar Shak for some ice cream.  Yes – if you are keeping track – cookies for am snack; ice cream for pm snack.  Look at those smiles.

Rosemary 2011 279Rosemary 2011 286Rosemary 2011 284

A “few” other people had the same idea!

Rosemary 2011 280

For dinner we hit George’s in Alys Beach.  One of the BEST restaurants I’ve ever been to!  It sounds “far” away – but is right next to Rosemary.  So close that Bo and I passed it on our morning run each day.

Rosemary 2011 346

The kids talked Sue-Sue into buying them frog stuffed animals.  I will say Con’s is a ballerina frog and is pretty darn cute.

Rosemary 2011 337Rosemary 2011 340

Just check out the “house” right across from the restaurant.  I mean really – whose is this?  We asked the waiter and he said it’s a hotel developer’s place.  Must be nice.

Rosemary 2011 332Rosemary 2011 344

Me and my amazing brother enjoying some vino while on the patio.

Rosemary 2011 345Rosemary 2011 321

Pic of Uncle Matt getting an update on Pops.  He’s doing great and felt immediately better after the procedure to repair the tube.

Rosemary 2011 347

Turns out the tube was inserted wrong in July – and would have messed up regardless of the drive, the walking, etc.  So – chalk this one up to just really bad timing.

With the good news, we went on to enjoy one of the best meals of all time.  We sat on the porch and I looked up and Ford and Griffin were out there.  So the Smith’s joined us.  If you are EVER in the area – you gotta go to George’s.

No comments: