Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 5: Rosemary

We got up bright and early this morning to meet Jocelyn for family pics on the beach.  None of us were really “in” to it because Babe & Pops weren’t here.  I had grand dreams of amazing pics with my entire family Sad smile  Oh well – we made the best of it and worked with what we had!

We snapped a few of our own before she got there.

Rosemary 2011 349

I so wanted to replicate this pic from last year.

Rosemary Beach 2010 124

Mission accomplished.  LOVE IT!

Rosemary 2011 353

Jocelyn posted a sneak peak at some of her photos.  LOVE the one below.  Yes – I had to do an outfit change.  As we were leaving the beach – Crawford pulled the shower and soaked me!  Good thing I had something else navy Smile

j1j3

I love Rosemary – because the entire town is active.  You want to get out and run, bike.  This is what Bo and I looked like as we came in from our run!

Rosemary 2011 357

Morning snack on the beach.  I bought Con this new swimsuit while we were shopping yesterday.  It was on clearance and I couldn’t resist.  It was 18 mth old – so I thought for sure it would fit.  Check closely in the pic to the bottom right – I had to safety pin Con’s bottoms.  She’s so tiny!

Rosemary 2011 360Rosemary 2011 352Rosemary 2011 362Rosemary 2011 365

Con got tired of watching the boys play ball.  It was her turn!

Rosemary 2011 367Rosemary 2011 364

Ford and Griffin brought a penguin raft.  J-J riding it was a trip highlight!

Rosemary 2011 368Rosemary 2011 372

The pic below is how I most often saw Crawford and Griffin.

Rosemary 2011 369Rosemary 2011 376

Ford is the BEST!  He was always willing to entertain Conlee.  Wish I could bring him home with me.

Rosemary 2011 371Rosemary 2011 374

Hot Dog Man Du for lunch!!!!

Rosemary 2011 379Rosemary 2011 380Rosemary 2011 384Rosemary 2011 385

Rosemary 2011 386

A fierce game of paddle ball.

Rosemary 2011 387Rosemary 2011 388Rosemary 2011 389

Con wanted to try out the penguin.

Rosemary 2011 393Rosemary 2011 396

Griffin dumped sand on J-J’s head.  Priceless.

Rosemary 2011 405

We’ve quickly added more to our routine.  After the beach guys take our chairs at 5:45 – we hit the Coquina pool.  The kids shout “Kina Poo!  Kina Pool!” The entire walk there.

Rosemary 2011 398Rosemary 2011 397Rosemary 2011 399

Riding the penguin was our version of riding a bull!

Rosemary 2011 402Rosemary 2011 404

J-J and Sue-Sue had “date” night and hit Bud & Alley’s.  We had the Smith’s over for dinner.  The house that has everything…amazing serving platters!

Rosemary 2011 407

The day Babe had to leave, she’d made the base for homemade ice-cream.  Uncle Matt was so nice – he froze it for us. 

Here’s a pic of the kids telling Babe thanks for the cream!

Rosemary 2011 409Rosemary 2011 410Rosemary 2011 411

Love the pic below.  These kids had a blast!

Rosemary 2011 412

Rosemary 2011 414

After dessert – we all headed to the outdoor movie.  Because there was a chance of rain – they did it in the Town Hall.  We met the Carter’s there too.  So fun!

Rosemary 2011 416Rosemary 2011 417Rosemary 2011 419

Our kids quickly tired of Gnomeo and Juliet.  So we hit the streets for a bike ride and jammed to a band that was playing.

Rosemary 2011 422Rosemary 2011 425Rosemary 2011 426

Look how Con’s hugged up to Jocelyn in the pic below.  That child LOVES her.

Rosemary 2011 427Rosemary 2011 428Rosemary 2011 430

The nice man driving the buggy let the kids have a quick ride.

Rosemary 2011 431

The pic below sums up the evening…look at those smiles and imagine the giggles.

Rosemary 2011 432

We headed back to our house where the kids went upstairs to the playroom to enjoy the 3 treats EACH that Matt bought them at the Sugar Shak.

Rosemary 2011 434

Crawford was so sad to see the night end – but let’s face it – it was almost midnight Smile

Rosemary 2011 435

I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends in our lives.  Tonight was pretty much the night I have always dreamed of!

No comments: