Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 1: Rosemary

Before leaving Prattville – I got up and had an amazing run along the golf course (it was 81 degrees and felt like 65 to me!).  It was GORGEOUS.  A grounds keeper even brought me a bottle of water!

8.7 108.7 98.7 12

The kids were so happy to be in a hotel – that they probably would have been ok if we would have stayed there!  But, not Mommy – so we headed out on the 3 1/2 hour drive.

Rosemary 2011 024

Only to almost have to stop our drive.  My car kept “skipping” and sounded like it my die.  So we pulled over and checked under the hood (literally all of us except me and the kids).  With no explanation – we “rolled the dice” and pushed on.  Beach or bust was our moto.

8.7

And thank goodness we did because around noon – we were “home.”  And what a home we’d chosen.  Luv.  Luv.  Luv.

Rosemary 2011 004

We hit Hot Dog Man Du for lunch; put the kids down for naps; and RAN to the beach (Pops & J-J took 1st nap duty)!

I forgot my camera (swear this will be the last time) – so crappy iphone photos was all I had.

8.7 88.7 78.7 58.7 6

Our house is right across the street from my favorite pool in Rosemary.  Felt amazing!

8.7 11

We got the call the kids were up and RAN to get them.  They were so excited!

8.7 48.7 3

Con was the first to try out our outdoor shower!

8.7 2

After cleaning up – Bo and J-J took the kids to Barrett Square for some golfing.  Pops and I got din started and then I headed to meet them.  I rode the bike that came with our house!  So. Much. Fun!

Rosemary 2011 037Rosemary 2011 038Rosemary 2011 040

Love Crawford “racing” Con to the fountain!

Rosemary 2011 039Rosemary 2011 044Rosemary 2011 041Rosemary 2011 046

I’m not thinking the LPGA is in Con’s future.

Rosemary 2011 043

Felt so good to have all of my family under one roof enjoying cold drinks, great food and amazing company.  I cooked up the baked fontina (addictive!).

Rosemary 2011 054Rosemary 2011 052

How lucky are my kids to have both sets of grandparents to spoil them rotten!  The granddad’s Smile

Rosemary 2011 047

Our house is 3 stories – looked up and this is what Con was doing!  Note to self…!!!

8.7 1

Pops cooked up shrimp-n-the-pot!

Rosemary 2011 067Rosemary 2011 069Rosemary 2011 070

We have a HUGE dining room table that can hold us all.  My dream!

Rosemary 2011 071Rosemary 2011 072

Con claimed her spot in the house.

Rosemary 2011 073

Rosemary 2011 074

Speakers are wired throughout – so the grand mother’s taught us how to do the “push!”

Rosemary 2011 075Rosemary 2011 076Rosemary 2011 078

What MUST you do on your first night at the beach?  Go crabbing.  I had the nets; Babe had the huge flashlights.  Still not sure what the kids were more excited about!

Rosemary 2011 085Rosemary 2011 089Rosemary 2011 092Rosemary 2011 097Rosemary 2011 100Rosemary 2011 109Rosemary 2011 114Rosemary 2011 116

Crawford made us promise we’d build one of these.

Rosemary 2011 117Rosemary 2011 123

While Crawford should have been getting his jammies on…he found Matt and I tucked away in one of the many secluded spots on the property.

Rosemary 2011 129Rosemary 2011 130Rosemary 2011 131Rosemary 2011 132

Love that the pic above is the last one of a busy, busy, fun, fun day!  I am so blessed to be in this amazing place with my amazing family!

No comments: