Yesterday I got repeated texts from Crawford’s teacher that he was complaining of a tummy ache. No fever and I had a ton of work to do – so I left him at daycare. After a night of sleeping with a trashcan next to his bed – he still wasn’t feeling well. So I canceled my plans for the day – and we hunkered down and decorated for Christmas.
This is just the second year that I’ve broken out and decorated before Turkey Day. While it’s still a bit weird (and my front looks crazy because pumpkins and turkeys are still out – but tree is fully visible) – it’s just so nice not to have to deal with the mess after Thanksgiving. Last year was just relaxed and had a great holiday. Going that route again this year!
My kids love to dress up. Despite not being 100% - Crawford still felt good enough to be a Razorback football player. Con was batgirl – accessorized with her new pink “C” super cape and a crazy feather bow!
This is the BEST year by far since we’ve had kids. The kids can actually help decorate and I don’t worry about them breaking ornaments (well not too many!). In years past I’ve barricaded the trees and been on pins and needles that they would take one of them out. This year – they just are in awe and kept telling me how beautiful all the decorations are!
If my house were ever to catch on fire – one of the first things I’d grab (after everyone was out!) would be the picture ornaments my Mom makes for us each year. She’s done one for every Christmas we’ve been married. Can’t wait to see the one she’ll bring for this year’s pic! 11 ornaments. Can’t wait to celebrate 25 years of marriage and see the tree covered.
Speaking of ornaments, Bo and I are headed to Little Rock tomorrow am and I needed a little “happy” to take the Newton’s to thank them for letting us stay with them. I remembered that Rick’s had a ton of Razorback ornaments last year – perfect. I got a gift and the kids got cookies! Two birds with one stone.
I can’t believe the house is fully decorated. I need 2 poinsettias and some fresh greenery – but that’s it. It’s a bit weird that the pumpkin marshmallow is still in my Scentsy! I’ve got to get my Christmas pot going. The smell of Christmas – nothing like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment