Tonight kicks off 3 days worth of family get togethers that are all scheduled to happen at my house! I had all of my grocery shopping done, so at 8:00 this morning - I started cooking my way through my "list." The good thing is that almost everything I am cooking can be done ahead of time. So the plan was to get it all done this morning and clean the house while the kids napped.
Crawford was all too excited to help me make the chocolate angel food cake with creme anglaise! He calls it "chocolate milk!"
He soon became bored and the paddle of the mixer became a spaceship and the jar of vanilla became gas for the ship. I love his imagination!
I might be home all of this week, but work is still open - so there are still things to do! I completely forgot that my breifcase was out. I found Crawford and Conlee "adding" with my calculator. Crawford told me he was adding up all of his money. I'm glad he has some because I am fresh out :)
So I am somewhat embarrassed to post the next few pics, but I knew that no one would believe me when I tried to describe just how messy the kitchen became. The kids really were good and "entertained" themselves while I cooked from 8:00 - 12:15! But, when a 2 and 1 year old entertain themselves - they tend to make a mess. Oh - and I may have contributed a bit with the 8 different dishes I prepared.
Yes - that is a sit-n-spin in front of the oven. Every matchbox car we have and a whole bowl of Cheerios covered the floor. It was like cooking in a mine field - I am surprised I didn't trip and break my neck.
I really did try to clean up a bit along the way - but this is the mess I can't blame on the kids.
Thank goodness for 2 1/2 hour naps from both of the kids! I was able to clean the house and there is now no evidence of any "mess." About to light the candles and put the Christmas music on. The Lee side of the family is coming for dinner and to exchange gifts! Let the festivities begin!
Crawford was all too excited to help me make the chocolate angel food cake with creme anglaise! He calls it "chocolate milk!"
No comments:
Post a Comment