One year ago tonight, Conlee and I were put on a helicopter and sent to Children's hospital. A year later - I am blessed to have a smiling, thriving, happy toddler! Conlee is such a joy - she honestly NEVER cries. Now that she can "talk" she's a hoot. Today she was "singing" Jingle Bells. Now the words weren't right - but I could immediately recognize the tune! She follows directions like, "Bring me your shoes; give your baby doll love; blow kisses."
It hit me today that I can finally "reclaim" some cabinet space by getting rid of Conlee's bottles (she hasn't taken one in a few weeks). So - we broke out a clean trash bag and "tossed" the bottles!
Of course Crawford had to help. Anything Conlee does - he has to do too (and vice-versa).

In other news, we had a pretty terrible afternoon because my Dad had to have emergency surgery! They went in and took another bile duct and another 10-15% of his liver. We were on pins and needles all afternoon, but the surgeon called and he said he feels much better about Dad's chance of recovery today than he did a week ago. So, he's in ICU on a ventilator - and we'll know Monday if they were able to get the last of the cancer. We are hoping and praying for a Christmas miracle!
It hit me today that I can finally "reclaim" some cabinet space by getting rid of Conlee's bottles (she hasn't taken one in a few weeks). So - we broke out a clean trash bag and "tossed" the bottles!
No comments:
Post a Comment