Thursday, March 25, 2010

Daddy’s turn

So, today was totally Bo’s turn to pull sick duty.  I think I left for work before he knew what hit him.  The kids were acting fine and had no fever, but still runny eyes and I just couldn’t stand it.  I left them as they dove into the fort (that yes is still up).

022 023

Bo e-mailed during nap time to declare they were cured and could completely resume normal activities. 

Our sick appointment earlier in the week ended up taking our scheduled Friday “weight check” for Conlee (which was oh so lucky).  But, we didn’t get the news we’d hoped for.  Conlee was up to 17.12, but the doc had hoped she’d have put on 3 pds on the Pediasure diet!  But she didn’t even pack on one full pound.  So – I was told to stay with the Pediasure and really start pushing the calories.  Milk shakes, fries – you name it.  Little Miss needs the calories.  Not good for Mom & Dad – but oh so good for the kids.

When I got home from work, we hit Lowes for yard supplies (anticipating a gorgeous weekend).  Afterwards, we hit McDonald’s for dinner.  That’s right – playland, chicken nuggets AND the hot fudge sundae.  Bad news, kids ate 2 bites (too interested in playing) and Bo and I engulfed the fries and sundae :)

mcd mcd2 mcd3 mcdonalds

The kids had a blast, but this may be a once in a life time treat.  I hate to be a snob, but I am such a Chick-fil-A kind of girl over Mickey D’s!

No comments: