Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Double Ear Infections!

Confession:  when we left for Hot Springs I knew Con was getting sick but I ignored it.  When she woke up on Monday with her eye matted shut, I ignored it.  In my defense – she didn’t have a fever – so “technically” she was fine.

But, this morning (after I’d showered and dressed for work) I woke the kids up to find they both had matted eyes (think closed like Pirate patches) and had low-grade fevers.  No choice, I had to take them in.  Thank goodness for on-line appointments because I requested at 7:05; got a call at 7:45; was in with the doc at 8:30!

The funny thing is every time they are sick and we go to the doc, they don’t “act” sick when we get there.  At home, they are whinny, clingy, etc – but there it’s “fun time.”  Here they are checking out the fish.

docotrphoto

I will say, this is the first time they’ve ever been sick at the same time.  Oh not so fun – for any of us!  We were diagnosed with both of them having double ear infections – maybe that’s why it hadn’t been so fun.  I made a tragic mistake of hitting Walgreens to fill the script.  It took 45 minutes.  The kids were even given free coloring books but they didn’t care.  Yes, in the pic below Crawford is using my purse as a pillow.

 walgreensphoto

We got home at lunch time (yes it took from 8:30 – 11:30 to pull off 2 stops).  Neither was hungry, so I dosed them with meds and put them to bed.  Crawford zonked for like 4 hours, but Conlee wanted to be held.  Exhibit A below.  The doc actually told me the paci would help with the pressure.  She grabbed it and you could hear the sucking.  Why oh why did I do this?????

con sickphoto

After nap, Crawford really wanted to talk about the trip to the doctor.   So, we broke out our vet clinic (closest thing to doctor we’ve got) and they had a blast.

099 100 101 

Yes, in the pic above Conlee is taking her temp in her ear with the “pretend” thermometer.  You think I’ve made her do this once or twice before?

Glad to say they are sound asleep and while they still have matted eyes and horrible noses – the “mood” was better this afternoon.  Oh how I wish tomorrow was a work day!  But, I can’t take them back to daycare until their eyes run clear (doc said probably Friday – which they don’t go anyway!).  Pray for me :)

No comments: