Friday, March 19, 2010

Wilson Park

Because Gulley is so close to home, we hardly ever get to Wilson park.  But today was gorgeous so we decided to change it up a bit.  Man, did I forget why I like Gulley for walking?  The hills at Wilson will kill you.  My thighs are very thankful that the kids are “small” because in the double stroller – they are still heavy!

parkphoto

I tried to get a good pic in front of the blooming daffodils – but no such luck!  They just wanted to play.  Who can blame them?

057 058 059

I love that there are 2 play sets – 1 for the “small” guys and one bigger 1.  It was funny because it took Conlee a minute to warm up.  But, when she did the chasing and yelling ensued :)

060 061 062 063 064 065 066 067 068

Crawford and I climbed in the lion tunnel and tried to convince Con to join us.  But she wasn’t having it!

069 070 071 072 073 074 075 076 077 078 079 080 082

Cole, Cade and Amanda joined us for a picnic lunch.  It was delightful.

083 084 085

We were at the park till 12:45 – way past nap time.  But even after a 2 1/2 hour nap – both kids were begging to go back outside.  I will say I was a little relieved as all Crawford has wanted to do this winter is lay on the couch and watch movies.

Conlee has fallen in love with golf.  Hate to say it though, her swing is not near as promising as Crawford’s was at this age.  She prefers to “sit-and-play.”  I’ll have to get Bo to teach her.

086 087 088

Taylor helped Crawford with his bike.  Once he gets going, he can really book it.

089

So before you ask, yes – we’ve overdone it on the ridding toys.  Our 2 car garage will only hold 1 car and then the 15 different motorized vehicles we have.  But, I don’t care.  They love them and I love that they have matching 4-wheelers :)

090 091

No comments: