Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not the best idea

The day started off normal enough.  The kids are on a “gain weight” diet so what better to serve than buttered biscuits covered in chocolate gravy (I believe I could hear Jamie Oliver screaming – his Food Nation was so good last night).

 biscuits bisuit2

About 10:00, we decide to brave the winds and head out back to start work.  I literally had not made it outside when I heard both kids screaming at the top of their lungs.  Bo was bringing them in and it was mayhem – I had no idea what had happened.  Bo was ordering Crawford to time out and he was yelling at me to get ice!

Below are the evidence that it was not the best idea to get Crawford a “real” baseball bat.  As his “defense attorney” I want it to be known that the incident occurred because Conlee wouldn’t take turns and move away from the tee.  Since she wouldn’t move Crawford decided to hit the ball anyway.  Yep – he whacked his sister on the forehead.  Bo witnessed the entire thing and said that Conlee was struck on the follow through. 

As a parent I was so relieved to hear that!  At first all Bo said was, “Crawford hit Conlee with the baseball bat!”  Well I went to images of him holding her down and bludgeoning her with the metal bat.

Turns out it wasn’t malicious, it’s just that my kids are so close in age.  Crawford isn’t quite old enough to understand that Conlee doesn’t know how to take turns.  Conlee is just young enough to have no idea that when he says move, he means move.

 booboo 036  boo 039

Good news is I talked to the nurse and she said if no vomiting and her eyes would dilate then she was fine.  She actually only cried for a minute and then was just mad at me because I kept trying to put ice on it.

I’m sad to say that a gazillion tears later and the baseball bat has taken an early retirement!

No comments: