Saturday, March 27, 2010

We’re Working

We rebounded nicely after the forehead incident!  The kids napped and Bo and I got a ton done.  When they woke up they were both raring to help!

Bo mowed and Crawford and Conlee were with him every step of the way!

mowing 040   043 

Crawford got a pair of Diageo work gloves and he was set.

045   

Conlee has never really had much to do with Wrigley, but today – she was his best friend!

049 050   053 054

Wow – the knot went down – but it’s definitely there.

055

The “old” man – Wrigley.  Bo and I’ve had him for 14 years – and he is wonderful.  Poor thing is completely an outside dog -  but has the best temperament.  He hasn’t flinched with either kid; in fact he was instantly protective of them.  2 weeks ago he had to had a growth removed from his lip.  The vet said he looks AMAZING for his age!

056 

I found Crawford and Conlee “going to work.”  Crawford loaded the tools up in the back of the tractor.

058 059 060 

The rain finally came, so we got cleaned up and headed out.  I’ve been wanting to “spring-up” our house – I wanted new pillows for the couch.  So, Pier 1 we come.  Note to self:  NOT a place for kids.  Way to many breakable, easily accessible things.  But, right next door – the best places for kids:  pet store, book store, toy store.  Trifecta!

petstore

 pet pet 2

Honestly, Conlee LOVED the the ferret of all things.  Bless her heart, so long as she lives under my roof she will NEVER have one (or a mouse, guinea pig, etc.).  I run a strict “no rodent” house.

Barnes

For dinner, we tried a new place up the street – Primo.  It’s not “Bizy’s” (which I dearly miss) but it was great Italian food.  While Bo and Matt picked up the food, Crawford and Conlee took turns pretending to be a dog!

062  064 

I love Saturday nights when I’ve put in a good day’s work and had a great meal.  Off to bed.  Sweet dreams!

No comments: