Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It’s a jungle out there

It still amazes me how resilient kids are.  If I’m sick – I’m out for the count.  But the kids can be hacking and sneezing, but they still want to play.

Crawford found the Curious George costume that Garon had passed down.  That was all that it took for us to build a jungle fort, bring in doctors to save the monkeys, etc!  And yes – this was all done before 9:00!

102110  103

We colored telescopes so we could spy the hunters in the jungle.

104 105

We even had a backpack with canteen and the full “medical kit.”

106 107 108

020019 

After nap time, I HAD to get out of the house (literally we had nothing to eat – WM was a must).  I’m a sucker – I felt sorry for them that they’d bee sick – so treats it is!  Ambulance for Crawford; My Little Pony for Conlee.

001

I love her brushing his hair!

002 003

Sue-Sue stopped by with her own treat…

004

…marshmallow bunnies!

005 006   009

Our afternoon project, was making strawberry bread!  I love to cook with the kids and they love it to.  Crawford helps me count the ingredients and loves to help stir.  Conlee just loves to eat what we make!  Notice:  I ate “batter” growing up and turned out just fine – so I am fine with the kids “eating the mixers.”

 011 012  014 018015

This made me laugh.  Crawford would take a bite and then reach over and give Conlee a bite.  I guess it’s good that they are already sick – because the “sharing” was in full effect.

016 017

A pic of all of the medicine!

010

I’m sad to say the kids still have junk in their eyes so they will have to stay home tomorrow.  But, I am happy to say that I’m off to work and Bo is taking over.  Man, I need a break :)

No comments: