Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

The kids got very lucky that I had not done ANY grocery shopping for Christmas Eve dinner.  So this morning I was at Harp’s at 6 am – which means that got donuts again for breakfast!

044

They immediately discovered that Ralphie had left them a treat.  A present, some Reindeer food and a good-bye note.  They are buying this elf thing hook line and sinker.  I hope they aren’t “mad” when they realize it’s not real!

033034046049

They got a doctor set – which means they played doctor and vet all morning long.

050

While the kids played, Babe I cooked our tails off!  We got our dishes ready for tonight’s feast at Sue-Sue’s house.  We also got everything ready for Christmas brunch at our house tomorrow morning.

Check out our crown roast of pork!

ce

After a moving candlelight service at Central, we went to Sue-Sue’s.

My family wishes everyone a Merry, Merry Christmas!

052

My wonderful Mom & Dad!  How handsome does Pop’s look?  Best I’ve seen him in 3 years.  Crawford told him, “Man Pop’s, you look sharp!”

055058060

The Garmon’s…

062

My and my wonderful hubby.  How lucky am I to have landed him Smile

063

The McCain’s…

065

We got smart and opened presents before dinner!  The kids racked up.

066067

Sue-Sue of course set a gorgeous table.

068

Thanks to the Pioneer Woman’s Christmas special.  We made her potatoes and used the rub and whiskey sauce on our pork (since I’m red meat adverse)!

070

I can’t imagine that prime rib would be ANY better than this pork.  It was delish.

072071

A bit sad that this is what our calendar looks like tonight!  It’s gone by way too fast.

075

The kids and Bo tracked Santa on the radar.  He was in South America and Crawford was scared that was near Cole’s house.  Which meant he’d be at our house soon!

076

So we had to hurry and put out our Reindeer food!

079080

And our cookies and milk.

085087

Once the kids were snug in their bed…Santa came.

090

He left the kids a hand written note on the mantle telling them that he saw something in our yard when he landed (the trampoline from Babe & Pops)!

091092

The last minute addition – that I’m sure will keep us busy on many cold inside days ahead – the cardboard house!

093

Con’s side…Crawford’s side…

094095

My favorite gift for Con – her army outfit.  A dress and “Major Trouble” hat!

099

Santa ate up all of his cookies.

098

And I enjoyed the beauty of all of the packages under the tree.  Tomorrow this will all be gone!

100

Saying prayers that we get to have this much fun next Christmas season in hopes that Crawford still BELIEVES!

No comments: