Friday, December 30, 2011

Gentry Wild Wilderness Safari

This morning, the kids and I headed with Babe & Pops to Gentry and the drive-through zoo.  We couldn’t have picked a better day – gorgeous!

The ostriches were the first up – and wow – what a hit.  We were dying laughing!

010011

We were all a little scared that this “cat” looked like he could jump on the hood of our car!

014018

The kids were so excited when I told them they could unbuckle so they could get a better look!  Of course, Con wanted to drive.  She’s 3 going on 33 Smile

017019020021

It’s been YEARS since I’ve been here.  It’s AMAZING.  I think it’s better than the real zoo.  You get to ride vs walk and you can watch the animals run and play!

025027029

Babe kicked it in the back.  She had the snack basket – so the kids wound up back there a lot!

030034035

Crawford was so excited when we got to the “gator” pond.  We could not find one for the life of us.  But all of a sudden, Crawford started yelling and he was so right.  Hawk eye had spotted it Smile

036037040

We finished our tour right about lunch time – so we hit the concession stand.

041

And then the petting zoo – which was a huge hit.  We went through 2 bags of bread.

042046

Love the pic below.

048

The best part of the entire thing – the kangaroos!

052053055z

059060

Thanks Bo for the awesome suggestion.  We were gonna do Crystal Bridges but didn’t get tickets soon enough.  Is it bad to say – that I can promise you we had as much (if not more) fun in Gentry?

So glad my folks got to experience the fun with the kids.  I’ve never heard that many giggles and squeals of delight (from both the kids and adults)!

No comments: