Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rogers/Garmon Christmas Celebration

This year it was Amanda’s turn to host our annual Christmas get together.  As we were turning out the lights to leave – I noticed how gorgeous the tree was.  So I snapped a few.  Love the kids holding hands in front of it!

011033

The kids were so excited to be going to Cole & Cade’s.  They’ve wanted to go since right after nap!

038

First up – gingerbread house making.  Amanda got smart this year by pre-assembling the houses so they were sturdy and ready to decorate.

039

I got smart (well I stole an idea from Chateaux) and used mini-wheats for the roofs.  Much easier and cuter than trying to pipe the icing.

040041

After decorating – it was  time to chow down.  We’ve started a tradition of a Mexican meal.  Amanda was so nice – she made 2 meats!  A ground beef and a chicken in the crock pot for those of us that don’t eat red meat!  It was super yummy.  I’ve got major dish envy as she has the most AMAZING Christmas platters.

After din – it was time to open presents.  Love our 2 Santa’s below.

044

Look at these 4!  Love.Love.Love.  Of course we didn’t even talk about decking the kids out in Christmas gear – but we of course did.  What else would they wear to a Christmas party Smile

046

Love Con’s reaction to her Doodle Bear.

048049

Cade was pretty jazzed to get his Transformer.  I was so excited to find him something that Cole didn’t have already!

050051052

While the boys assembled Cole’s race track.  Amanda and I finished decorating the houses.  I think we had more fun sans kids!

The Garmon’s…

053

The Rogers’…

054

Here’s the finished racetrack.  I think Kyle was ready to shoot me.  But he’ll get his payback when I get home and open the 278 piece racetrack they got us!

056057

At one point we lost Con.  Found her in Cole’s closet riding his bike!

059061

Me and one of my very best BFF’s!  I couldn’t imagine what my life would be like without this amazing family in my life.

Love you guys and am blessed to get to start the holiday celebrations off with such an amazing evening.  Thanks!

No comments: