Tuesday morning started out "normal" (but Crawford was home because school was canceled). Because it was a snow day - he got to watch TV right after breakfast.
My neighbors called around 8:30 to say they didn't have power - so I thought I better get my supplies ready. Crawford loved the candles. All he could yell was "hot"!

He helped me locate flashlights (all 5 of which were found in his toy boxes). Yes this is his Thomas the Train flashlight below.

We lost power at 10 am! Crawford and Conlee decided to cuddle.
Bo came home from work to light our fireplace because yes I am a chicken. He got a great pic of all of us still in our jammies. Oh how I wish I would have showered early when there was power.
I actually had a lot of fun telling Crawford we were on and adventure. We did "project time" in front of the fire place and danced to music. For our project we created a color matching game where he colored 2 mittens the same color; I cut them out; and had him "match" the mittens by color. It was really fun and passed the time.

The bank closed at 12:30 - so Bo came home. Crawford loved the fire.
Nap time in front of the fire. Note: anyone who is looking for a "portable" bed for a toddler - e-mail me. We LOVE the blow up bed we got and have used it more than I could have imagined.

The power came back on around 2. Bo and Conlee got a nap.
By 4:30 - power was off again. We made the HORRIBLE decision to move to a hotel. I won't bore you with details - but after a very scarydrive to Springdale; a hotel whose "so called" generator didn't run the computers or the lights; and a drive back to Fayetteville - we ended up at Sue-Sue and J-J's for the night. They didn't have power - but Sue-Sue had a gas stove and had made a yummy soup for dinner :)
Crawford slept on his mattress in Jim and Sue's room while Conlee, Bo and I curled up in front of the fireplace.
So there is always drama with us. At 10:00 pm - the carbon monoxide detector started going off. After a call to the fire department to confirm that our reading was "high" they sent a truck out. Turns out - Sue-Sue doesn't change her batteries - all we needed was a 9 volt. Pic is of firetruck parked beside Bo's car.
Drama continues when at 11:00, Jim gets a death call and has to leave and drive to Elkins!
All of the pics look so bright because of the flash. Here is what I saw when I looked at our bed for the night...

He helped me locate flashlights (all 5 of which were found in his toy boxes). Yes this is his Thomas the Train flashlight below.
We lost power at 10 am! Crawford and Conlee decided to cuddle.
The bank closed at 12:30 - so Bo came home. Crawford loved the fire.
The power came back on around 2. Bo and Conlee got a nap.
Same pic with flash.
Conlee staying warm by the fire.
Here's what it really looked like.
We found out we had power at our house on Wednesday morning (still none at Sue's) - so we packed up and headed there. While we got our stuff together Sue-Sue made us hot chocolate.
Don't we look cute?
The boys stay warm.
The saga continues on the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment