Mom called at 2:30 on Wednesday to tell me my Nanny passed away. She had been very ill - so it really was a blessing. By this time our power had gone out again - so we made the decision to hit the rode and head to Twist. Babe and Pops were so excited to see us! Crawford kept saying "venture" because I told him our adventure was continuing.
Pops was excited to see Conlee.

I packed just about everything - but no baby tub. So
Conlee got a bath in the sink!

I hate to say we made the most of it - but we really did! Babe, Pops, Matt, Court, Bo and I took Crawford and
Conlee to John Deere in Earle to see the tractors. He was in heaven!!!! He got to drive a "track tractor" (his favorite) and is still talking about it.


We stopped by the library to check e-mail (thanks Court for the ghost
writer blog post). Crawford found the Thomas and Bob the Builder books.

I'd like to thank whoever invented the portable
dvd player! Crawford made the entire 5 hour trip without a peep (he even stayed up until 9:15). A little
Shrek and he was set!
There was one "incident." Crawford and I were
roughhousing and he
accidentally busted my lip. This was the night before the funeral - so yes I looked like I had a bad lip job. I am sure the folks in West Memphis,
Crawfordsville and Earle are still talking about it :)
Conlee dressed for the funeral. We took her in to visitation with us - but kept her wrapped up next to us. Court took the kids to the nursery during the funeral - thanks again Court for the help.

After the service we went back to the farm and Crawford had a blast. I can't wait for him to visit Babe and Pops in the spring. We rode 4-wheelers, ran up and down the gravel roads, looked at the pond and oh so much more. It is a little boy's paradise.
No comments:
Post a Comment