Today I had the moment we all dread as parents. At work my personal cell rang, it was Bo. The kids' school had called him and Conlee had had an accident. They were considering calling an ambulance. She'd fallen on the playground and hit her head. I dropped what I was doing and raced out the door.
When I arrived, she was sitting in a teacher's lap in the office. She had alligator sized tears rolling down her face and was squeezing her rabbit and sucking on a paci. We don't use the paci anymore, but in this instance - I was sure glad she still had one at school.
She had a puncture to her forehead and scrapes on her nose and under her eye. The entire drive from work to the school, I was hoping that it would be the back of her head. The thought of my pretty little girl with her face all messed up was too much. But, that's exactly what I got.
Bo called the doctor while I picked her up and they got us in immediately. After a consult with another doc, the decision was made to use liquid stitches vs. "real" stitches in hopes of minimizing the scaring. I am so glad because it took 4 of us to hold her 17pd body down for the liquid can. I can't imagine having to hold her down while they stitched.
When I arrived, she was sitting in a teacher's lap in the office. She had alligator sized tears rolling down her face and was squeezing her rabbit and sucking on a paci. We don't use the paci anymore, but in this instance - I was sure glad she still had one at school.
She had a puncture to her forehead and scrapes on her nose and under her eye. The entire drive from work to the school, I was hoping that it would be the back of her head. The thought of my pretty little girl with her face all messed up was too much. But, that's exactly what I got.
Bo called the doctor while I picked her up and they got us in immediately. After a consult with another doc, the decision was made to use liquid stitches vs. "real" stitches in hopes of minimizing the scaring. I am so glad because it took 4 of us to hold her 17pd body down for the liquid can. I can't imagine having to hold her down while they stitched.
No comments:
Post a Comment